December 31, 2012
Why not give yourself a New Year present?
Berlin is a vibrant metropole, a melting pot of young entrepreneurs and fresh ideas, funky design and inspiring inviting atmospheres. A perfect spot to be diving into, make you smile, think of old and new ideas, wonder about how funny & crazy some ideas can be – and simply enjoy the love for new, small and bigger beautiful things.
We invite you on an intense 2day safari into this urban jungle with its many creative spaces, cool exhibition venues, cosy cafés & restaurants, sparkling start-ups, simply beautiful magazine- and bookshops and just amazing corners. We have put together an inspiring journey for you to get a powerful bouquet of the colorful start-up flower power of this city.
This Urban Safari is taking place April 4 & 5, 2013 – and it’s a co-creative initiative of changels (Bern) and Lower East (Berlin and Copenhagen).
Helle Marietta and Jørgen Smidstrup have moved their design company, Lower East, from Copenhagen to Berlin by the end of 2011 and have been exploring the “arm, aber sexy“ city ever since. Matti Straub-Fischer, from changels, have joined the two for visits on several occasions and insisted on creating an opportunity for others to this diverse mix of creativity, design and playfulness. Together they arranged the first succesful Urban Safari in sunny and joyful days in November.
Here is the deal:
- We will start on Thursday morning, April 4, 2013, at 10:00 in our classroom (tba), at a coworking space in Berlin.
- We will be a group of 12-15 curious and interesting people like yourself. Invitations will be spread with sure hands in Switzerland, Austria, Germany and Scandinavia.
- We will be safaring on bikes, and on foot, by U-Bahn and again on bikes – the most fun way to explore and stop and go again.
- We will have time to follow our noses, our instincts, enjoy the crème-de-la-crème of the Lower East and changels exploration so far in this town.
- We will have the most wonderful classroom and meeting space, where we can listen and discuss – and share inspiration and our inputs.
- We will have time to reflect, to talk, to draw, to sketch, to smoke, to poke, to laugh and to enjoy.
- We will be done by Friday afternoon, April 5, 2013 at 17:00. Here we finish up at a (start-up and) very cosy winebar NOR (not only riesling) in Kreuzberg with a glass of farewell wine.
After the Urban Safari, you will receive a rich visual documentation on our days in Berlin.
Matti, Helle and Jørgen will be your scouts, hosts and the facilitators for the Urban Safari.
Together with Camillos Paladar, we will all put up a fantastic dinner on Thursday night. Camillos Paladar is a pop-up (mostly in Copenhagen, Berlin and Bern) restaurant with gorgeous food and remarkable wines. That alone is worth the journey. By chance, Mr. Camillo is similar to Mr. Smidstrup.
Are you ready for this adventure with us?
Here is the small-printed stuff:
- You sign up with an e-mail to Jørgen Smidstrup or Matti Straub. ASAP – it is first come, first serve.
- You book your own flight or travels to Berlin.
- You book your own overnight stays. We suggest you some beautiful places like Hüttenpalast, Casa Camper or IMA Lofts. We can get you in contact with some cool private flats as well.
- Your costs will be CHF 850 / €700 (as a private or a one man/woman company) or CHF 1150 / € 950 (if the company pays) for the two days in the urban jungle with food and drinks included for the time between Thursday, 10:00 to Friday, 17:00. Bike rentals, U-Bahn tickets, and the meeting and kitchen facilities are covered in this.
Empty your head. Bring comfortable clothes and shoes, your notebook, some kind of a camera, some coloured pens, an umbrella (just in case) and your toothbrush.
And if you like, you can of course invite a dear friend or your partner to enjoy the rest of the weekend with you in this mind-boggling place.
Feel free to share this invitation to other potential safarists – and to contact us for any questions.
Matti Straub-Fischer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Helle Marietta (email@example.com)
Jørgen Smidstrup (firstname.lastname@example.org)