September 11, 2013
A new Urban Safari Berlin is coming up – October 28 and 29.
Helle Marietta and Jørgen Smidstrup have based their design company, Lower East, in Berlin since the end of 2011 and have been exploring the “arm, aber sexy“ city ever since. Matti Straub-Fischer, from changels, have after several visits insisted on creating an opportunity for others to dig into this diverse mix of creativity, design and playfulness. Together they organize and host the Urban Safari Berlin – first one held in November ‘12 and again in April and May ‘13. This is the deal:
- We will start on Monday morning, October 28, 2013, at 10:00 in our classroom, in a coworking space in Berlin.
- We will be a group of around 15 curious, interested and interesting people like yourself. Invitations will be spread with sure hands in Switzerland, Austria, Germany and in Scandinavia.
- We will be safaring on bikes, and on foot, by U-Bahn and again on bikes – the most fun way to explore and stop and go again.
- We will have time to follow our noses, our instincts, enjoy the crème-de-la-crème of the Lower East and changels exploration so far in this town.
- We will have a space, where we can listen and discuss – and share inspiration and inputs. We will have time to reflect, to talk, to draw, to sketch, to laugh and to enjoy.
- We will be done by Tuesday afternoon, October 29, 2013 at 17:00. Here we finish up at a start-up and very cosy winebar NOR (not only riesling) in Kreuzberg with a glass of ‘see you again’ wine.
- After the Urban Safari, you will receive a rich visual documentation on our days in Berlin.
- Matti, Helle and Jørgen will be your scouts, hosts and the facilitators for the Urban Safari.
- Together with Camillos Paladar, we will all put up a playful and inspiring dinner on Monday night. Camillos Paladar is a pop-up (mostly in Copenhagen, Berlin and Bern) restaurant with gorgeous food and remarkable wines. That alone is worth the journey.
Are you ready for this adventure with us?
Here is the small-printed stuff:
- You sign up with an e-mail to Jørgen Smidstrup or Matti Straub. ASAP – it is first come, first serve.
- You book your own flight or travels to Berlin.
- You book your own overnight stays. We suggest you some beautiful places like Hüttenpalast, Casa Camper or IMA Lofts. We can get you in contact with cool private flats as well.
- Your costs will be €700 for the two days in the urban jungle with food and drinks included for the time between Monday, 10:00 to Tuesday, 17:00. Bike rentals, U-Bahn tickets, and the meeting and kitchen facilities are covered in this.
- Empty your head. Bring comfortable clothes and shoes, your notebook, some kind of a camera, some coloured pens, an umbrella (just in case) and your toothbrush.
If you like, you can of course invite a dear friend or your partner to enjoy the weekend with you before or after the safari in this mind-boggling city.Feel free to share this invitation to other potential safarists – and to contact us for any questions.changels www.changels.ch
Matti Straub-Fischer email@example.com
Lower East www.lowereast.dk
Helle Marietta firstname.lastname@example.org
Jørgen Smidstrup email@example.com