July 2, 2013
Obama was here in June. John F. Kennedy back in 1963, 40,000 runners ran the Berlin Marathon this year, Berlin Pride 2013 attracted about 800,000 participants and spectators. Up til now more than 35 adventurous people have been on Urban Safari in Berlin.
Now it’s your turn! Come join us on an intense 2day safari into this urban jungle. We have on September 12 and 13 put together a journey for you with special focus on inspiring business, creative spaces, the co-working scene and sparkling start-ups. (If the dates doesn’t fit your calendar, the next Safari is planned to October 28 and 29).
The vibrant metropole Berlin, is right now a melting pot of start-ups, young entrepreneurs, fresh ideas, inspiring atmospheres, cool exhibition venues, cosy cafés & restaurants and just amazing corners. A perfect spot to explore, make you smile, think of (old and) new ideas, wonder about how funny & crazy some ideas can be – and simply enjoy the love for new, small and bigger beautiful things.
The Urban Safari is a co-creative initiative of changels (Bern) and Lower East (Berlin).
Helle Marietta and Jørgen Smidstrup have based their design company, Lower East, in Berlin since the end of 2011 and have been exploring the “arm, aber sexy“ city ever since. Matti Straub-Fischer, from changels, have after several visits insisted on creating an opportunity for others to dig into this diverse mix of creativity, design and playfulness. Together they organize and host the Urban Safari Berlin – first one held in November ‘12 and again in April and May ‘13.
This is the deal:
- We will start on Thursday morning, September 12, 2013, at 10:00 in our classroom, in a coworking space in Berlin.
- We will be a group of around 15 curious and interesting people like yourself. Invitations will be spread with sure hands in Switzerland, Austria, Germany and in Scandinavia.
- We will be safaring on bikes, and on foot, by U-Bahn and again on bikes – the most fun way to explore and stop and go again.
- We will have time to follow our noses, our instincts, enjoy the crème-de-la-crème of the Lower East and changels exploration so far in this town.
- We will have a space, where we can listen and discuss – and share inspiration and our inputs.
- We will have time to reflect, to talk, to draw, to sketch, to laugh and to enjoy.
- We will be done by Friday afternoon, September 13, 2013 at 17:00. Here we finish up at a (start-up &) very cosy winebar NOR (not only riesling) in Kreuzberg with a glass of ‘see you again’ wine.
Matti, Helle and Jørgen will be your scouts, hosts and the facilitators for the Urban Safari.
Together with Camillos Paladar, we will all put up a playful and inspiring dinner on Thursday night. Camillos Paladar is a pop-up (mostly in Copenhagen, Berlin and Bern) dinner concept with gorgeous food and remarkable wines. That alone is worth the journey. By chance, Mr. Camillo is similar to Mr. Smidstrup.
Are you ready for this adventure with us?
Here is the small-printed stuff:
- You sign up with an e-mail to Jørgen Smidstrup or Matti Straub. ASAP – it is first come, first serve.
- You book your own flight or travels to Berlin. You book your own overnight stays. We suggest you some beautiful places like Hüttenpalast, Casa Camper or IMA Lofts. We can get you in contact with some cool private flats as well.
- Your costs will be €700 (as a private or a one woman/man company) or € 950 (if the company pays) for the two days in the urban jungle with food and drinks included for the time between Thursday, 10:00 to Friday, 17:00. Bike rentals, U-Bahn tickets, and the meeting and kitchen facilities are covered in this.
- Empty your head. Bring comfortable clothes and shoes, your notebook, some kind of a camera, some coloured pens, an umbrella (just in case) and your toothbrush.
- And if you want to peek, here are a few marbles… www.huettenpalast.de, www.imalofts.com, www.casacamper.com/berlin, www.prinzessinnengarten.net, www.betahaus.de, www.agoracollective.org
If you like, you can of course invite a dear friend or your partner to enjoy the weekend after with you in this mind-boggling place.
Feel free to share this invitation to other potential safarists – and to contact us for any questions. changels www.changels.ch
Matti Straub-Fischer firstname.lastname@example.org
Lower East www.lowereast.dk
Helle Marietta email@example.com Jørgen Smidstrup firstname.lastname@example.org